Saturday, February 2, 2013

WOW! WOW! WOW! I got a Vitamix today!! :)


I am so excited! This is going to be fun and adventurous. I will be posting many recipes that I use with this power blender and if you don't already have one, maybe they will inspire you to check it out for yourself! It is worth the investment. People have been saying this for over 30+ years! I am now too a believer and a proud owner of one of the best home kitchen appliances there are.

My 1st day with my new Vitamix I made a eggplant mushroom soup straight in the blender!, and a couple of smoothies. I am in love :)

We had pizza tonight! It was a successful pizza night indeed. I made a buckwheat dough instead of the regular whole wheat dough I would have made before and it was amazing! I mean it was really good. It can easily permanently replace the wheat dough for me. Here is the recipe!

http://thischickcooks.net/2012/08/09/gluten-free-pizza-crust-made-with-buckwheat/

It was a home run. A little messy to work with but once cooked was light and even a little chewy. Pizza was a challenge for me in breaking my habit of wheat. But with this recipe "I can see clearly now the rain is gone"...I may just be able to do this... ;)

I will post a few pics of the Vitamix tomorrow as well as new things I have tried because I will be trying just about everything in this bad boy! Nut butters and milks, soup, juicing, ice cream etc!

Happy Saturday! LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment