Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hello!! Happy Tuesday! Happy week 3 of our whole foods charged challenge!!

I am eating a bowl of some really good oatmeal now! Let me tell you that cooking oatmeal in fresh almond milk is divine! It creates such a smooth, creamy texture! It is a must try.

Last night we had coconut curry veggies over basmati rice and a sweet potato. It was yummy and filling. I made the coconut milk in the Vitamix and strained it in a nut milk bag. It turned out really good! A more runny than the milk you buy in the can but it is my goal to stop using canned goods of any kind. I was using canned coconut milk and canned tomato paste. I will be making my 1st homemade tomato paste this weekend :)


I have been making green smoothies instead of juice in the morning. This is a picture of what our green smoothies are looking like now with the Vitamix. They are more earthy than the juice but super filling and the kids are enjoying them too.

I am juicing still but at night right before we eat dinner! I am calling it kitchen scraps plus an orange juice. And it is beautiful! What a way to close a nutrient gap!

This is a picture of our kitchen scraps


I really like this so far! It is a little nutrient boost just before dinner. SO save your food scraps! You never know what you can do with them!

PLUS It can help keep our air and environment cleaner!


LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment