Monday, February 4, 2013


We had a nice weekend. Mom got a little personal time which I am finding out I need more and more of as they get older. But there is nothing better than coming home to the faces of my kids! NOTHING

We had pizza Friday night. I made a buckwheat crust and it was so good we made it for dinner Saturday as well!


This was super tasty! I think I may have converted dad to buckwheat pizza crust too! Which is HUGE!

We had plenty of veggies with the pizza as well. They were also topped with shredded mustard greens with a drizzle of 4% acidity balsamic vinegar. On the side we had brussel sprouts, kale and carrots steamed and japanese baked sweet potato.

Tonight we had burgers in swiss chard wraps with mashed purple potatoes (the 1st organic ones I have been able to find in years!) with brussel sprouts, kale and carrots steamed.

I also tried using kitchen scraps a little different tonight. We have two compost buckets going on the balcony. They are both doing fine but cannot take any more new food scraps. So we normally put our food scraps in the garbage disposal and not in the trash. Though I just learned that garbage disposals send the pulverized food to the water treatment center where they sift it out of the water and send it to the landfill too! So food scrap juice is helpful. Though you are still tossing the fiber down the drain.

Food scraps account for a huge amount of methane gas when they sit in covered landfills! Whole foods are meant to decompose in oxygen rich environments to support the life of the good bacteria that decompose the nutrients and make them available to the soil to grow more food. So put your FOOD SCRAPS in a compost heap or save them to add to stews or soups! Find a way to reuse them. It's worth the extra work.

Tonight I tried juicing the scraps of our veggies and got about 12 oz of nutrient rich juice...and I added an orange ;)


I also made some almond milk, with almonds, water and 2 dates, and used it to cook our oatmeal this weekend and it was the best oatmeal I've made in some time! The milk added a creamy, nutty experience that oatmeal should have.

I plan on making a raw chocolate cake tomorrow for the week and we are going to have coconut curry as well.

I have taken a break on running. I will be a runner one day. I have to take care of my body to do this. My shins were causing me more and more discomfort so I am going to stop until they do not hurt anymore. I read as soon as 2 weeks and as long as 6 weeks. It's ok though. I am going to be back to it and will be practicing my stride with the barefoot model of running during my down time.

But the challenge is going very well. No wheat cravings. Very little dairy. Minimal and shrinking processed foods. Losing inches and hopefully inspiring you too!

Staying focused and calling what I desire into existence.

VISUALIZE

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment